This November our students have been involved in many learning activities already. We would like to thank our numerous guest speakers for coming into our school to share their expertise with our students. We deeply value your continued support for our Community Module program. Here is an outline of some of the wonderful activities our students have been involved in so far this month:
- Betsy, from the Fountain Hills Chamber of Commerce, talked to our students about entrepreneurship for the upcoming Children’s Business Fair. Betsy talked about the 5 Ps: Product, Placement/Presentation, Pricing, People, Promotion.
- MJ from the River of Time Museum taught our students about the Water Cycle and Water Sheds.
- Students created Peace Posters for The Lions Club with the theme of Lead With Compassion. The top three students’ posters are on display at the Lions Club booth at the Art Festival.
- Students made a trip to the McDowell Sonoran Conservancy for Expedition Days.
- Ted and Tony from the Dark Skies Discovery Center gave a presentation to our students on various aspects of Light.
Upcoming Guest Speakers and Events
- TIA students will be participating with Paige Productions in class learning various theater skills.
- Tony from the Dark Skies Discovery Center will be leading a lesson on The Reflection of Light.
- TIA students will be decorating our Christmas tree at the Community Center. It will remain on display until the new year.
- A representative from Wild At Hearts is coming to teach our students about Birds of Prey.
- Student and Family Thanksgiving Feast at Shepherd of the Hills Monday, November 21st at 12 noon.
- Thanksgiving Day Parade with a theme of a Charlie Brown Christmas. November 24, Begins 9am. TIA students and family members can march in the parade to represent our school.
- Sarah from the SciTech Institute will be training TIA’s 6th-10th grade students to be part of the Chief Science Officer (CSO) program on November 28th.