Here is a brief overview of the discussion portion of our 4-H Club meeting held on Thursday, June 15th. 4-H Club members would like to have the following events and activities:
- Overnight field trips, maybe to Strawberry/Pine or north of Payson. See if we can get another AZGFD grant. Water hike in a creek and search for crayfish. Water quality testing. Maybe go to Tonto Creek Camp where meals are included and there is a private waterfall.
- Tour EVIT
- Programs with animals: Phoenix Herpetological Sanctuary, Deb’s Dragons
- Litter Clean up
- Bone Box from AZGFD
- Tobacco Awareness Program
- Donate books to a school that doesn’t have many
- Create a “Free Little Library”
- Add to Seed Library
- Volunteer at or donate money to an animal shelter. Maybe check out Tranquility Trail.
- Volunteer at the food bank or at a food pack event like Feed My Starving Children.
- Do more fundraisers. Bake sales, SIPPS, snack sale, plant sale, veggie sale
- Run a second Children’s Business Fair
- Community Service around culinary arts. Dinner for Veterans. Food for homebound seniors. Joy Bus Diner.
- We need to come up with a name for our “TIA Restaurant” like “TIA Cafe”, etc.
- Duck food signage and dispenser at Fountain Park. We should research other parks that have the signage and dispenser and then take the idea to Town Council for approval.
Dates for next 4-H Club meetings: Wednesdays at 5pm at The Inspiration Academy